Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday America!

I have always felt a certain pride on the Fourth of July. Proud to be a citizen of the United States of America, land of the free and home of the brave.  Proud to be free to speak my mind, and practice my religion.  Proud to live in a country where all men are innocent until proven guilty.


We work hard to teach our children how very lucky we are to be living here: Teaching them about the founders, and the US Constitution; telling them the truth about our leaders and founders.  I hope to give them knowledge, pride and respect for the country in which they live. Enduring the rolled eyes as I tell them the story about the Star Spangled Banner for the tenth time.  Answering their questions as my husband and I talk about the American Revolution. Letting them see my tears as I talk about September 11, 2001.  Every moment feels like precious time to pass on the history, the passion, and sometimes frustrations that I feel as a citizen of this country.

As a family we spend our day at the local town's celebration.  It just seems right to be around other people. We have a picnic dinner and watch the fireworks.  Conversations about current events or history usually take place.  At the end of the day when I send the kids up to bed I can relax with my husband and enjoy the fact that I am raising children who are proud, patriotic, and informed citizens, of the best country on Earth.

Enjoy the day, whatever you decide to do.  Please be safe, and don't forget the sunscreen.  


Important links:


Heather Garcia 
Promotians Manager 
www.johnstonmommies.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment