Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Laundry, laundry everywhere but no one wants to fold.


I would love to stop and take a moment of out my day to lament on the thankless job of laundry. I like to think of myself as a reasonable woman who has a handle on her life but then I look and my laundry room is drowning in clothing, again. I know I did a load just a couple of days ago, how can I have four loads today?!

Four people live in my house. One of them is out of state so it would seem that there would be less laundry to do, right? Okay, on the surface that seemed to be the truth once I got all the stuff that she left in her hamper washed, yet here I sit doing not one, not two but four loads of laundry today. It was all done on Friday, I know it was!

So I start my process by sorting and trying to decide what needs to be done first. Yep, the stuff I have to iron wins. Now as I put my last load in for the day and I have finished my ironing, I stand tall knowing I have tackled a great task. There is not one stitch of clothing in the house that is dirty except what we are wearing. I have conquered the laundry monster!! Well at least for today.

1 comment: