Monday, September 14, 2015

Out of the Club

I feel like I am going to get thrown out of a club or something. I feel like if I say “it” out loud, or put “it” in print, there will be serious repercussions. Who says I don’t live dangerously?


I do not like pumpkin coffee.


There, I said it. Now we wait and see. Will I get thrown out of the club?


Now, that is not to say I do not like a good slice of pumpkin bread, or even a good pumpkin muffin or a slice of pie. I do enjoy all of those things in moderation. I mean, I make a pretty good pumpkin pie with real whipped cream for the top, so what’s not to like?


That said, I will go ahead and say I also don’t wear yoga pants. I am pretty sure I don’t even own any- nor furry boots, nor puffy vests. Guess I have always walked to the beat of my own drummer. Who would want to add a puffy vest to an overweight middle aged woman anyway? Not I.


I do love fall, and enjoy days where I have to put on a sweater and where it is cool enough to enjoy an afternoon cup of tea or coffee. I love when it is cool enough to bake and the oven helps heat the house. I am blessed to watch the trees on our property change to a dazzling display of color.  Seeing the fall garden growing and harvesting our crops really increase my enjoyment of this season.

Yes, I love fall, but I will pass on the pumpkin spice latte.  

4 comments:

  1. I don't like pumpkin flavored coffee either. I actually went to Starbucks yesterday and got the salted carmel mocha instead of the pumpkin spice. People looked at me funny. Lol. I do own yoga pants but don't leave my house in them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah us anti pumpkin coffee folks can get some dirty looks at Starbucks LOL

      Delete
  2. I don't like pumpkin flavored coffee either. I actually went to Starbucks yesterday and got the salted carmel mocha instead of the pumpkin spice. People looked at me funny. Lol. I do own yoga pants but don't leave my house in them. :)

    ReplyDelete