Monday, September 9, 2013

Frustration

Sometimes I feel like no matter how hard I try, I just can’t win.  I am fighting with chronic pain due to fibromyalgia and a bad case of being a comfort eater.  I have struggled with my weight most of my adult life, and after years I am finally getting on track.  In true form, as soon as I get on track something knocks me down.  I lose ground and I have to fight back.

Walking with a friend, lifting weights and doing some core work are all part of the plan.   On the food side, I am keeping healthier choices in the house and practicing gentle eating.  I am also working on thinking before I eat.  I ask myself if I am really hungry or is there some other reason I am at the fridge.  Usually, if I get a glass of water I forget I was “hungry” and I have saved myself the calories that I would have taken in.

So today while on a family outing, I tweaked my knee.  I don’t even know what happened.   I was walking up the stairs and suddenly stabbing pain under my kneecap.  I pulled myself up the rest of the stairs and we took our seats to see the show.   I sat and wondered how long this was going to keep me down.  Then I had a thought….. I will not let this keep me down.   I am taking off today so I can give it a rest, then I will evaluate it and see how I am.   Having been down this road a few times I know not to overdo it, but I also know that you need to push yourself to get healthy.   

So for now, it’s a wait and see, along with a call to my doctors office, I guess.   

No comments:

Post a Comment